CG Questions 6.19.16
- It’s impossible to have real trust without exclusive devotion. When Justin discussed your heart having only one throne, did you sense God putting His finger on anything in your life that was trying to steal the place only God should fill? What did God reveal, and what practical choices will you make to de-throne that thing?
- Where are you being influenced by the craving to feel or hedonism (the belief that pleasure is the proper aim in life) ? What steps will you take tonight to choose lasting reward over instant gratification? Pray for one another that integrity would reframe our lives.
- Are there areas of your life where the craving to have causes you to value the visible over the invisible? (i.e. relationships, possessions, sports etc). Talk about those areas honestly, and then choose one practical way this week that you will transform that craving into generosity.
- When the truth of eternal life detonates within our spirits we can be fueled by the unseen approval of God. In your spiritual journey, where do you see the need to lay down the craving for importance and embrace humility? Talk about what this will look like tomorrow, the next day and so on in your everyday life.
- Have someone read this verse aloud.
1 John 2:28 the Message Live Deeply in Christ
28 And now, children, stay with Christ. Live deeply in Christ. Then we’ll be ready for him when he appears, ready to receive him with open arms, with no cause for red-faced guilt or lame excuses when he arrives.
What would life look like if you lived always ready to meet Jesus? In other words, what would your words, choices, actions, time, money, friendships, etc look like if you lived deeply in Christ, ready for his return?
6. Psalm 73:25-26 (ESV)
Whom have I in heaven but you?
And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you.
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Take a few minutes together as a community and make these verses a prayer of total dependence on God.
Perhaps, as believers, take communion together. Remembering the eternal life purchased for you by Jesus Christ. Thanking Him for His death and resurrection that has given you life. Then pray these verses as re-dedication to living wholly for God.